Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Color Inspiration...............



I had fun making my niece's birthday card this week - thanks to Kristina Werner's Color Inspiration. The colors were so playful, which was a perfect match for my cute little niece's personality. Here are the colors:


Here is my card:


I started with a long card that was white. I added the brown cardstock and then made my own "background" paper to match the colors. I used a set from Stampin' Up that has been retired for quite a while but I still love its playful nature. It just seemed to go with the feeling I wanted to create. I cut the letters with my Cricut. I'm going to post my efforts on her blog too. I usually don't do that part but I'm pretty happy with my card. She is giving away prizes this time and after looking at some of the submissions I don't expect to win - but I am thankful for the creative "boost" from the challenge!

Supplies: Brown cardstock (source unknown - came with a kit from Wal-Mart), White, red, yellow and turquoise cardstock and matching inks (Stampin'Up), Stamps: Simply Circles (Stampin'Up), Cricut "Don Juan" cartridge.

4 comments:

Traveling Mama said...

I'm sure your niece will love this! It's so cute!

Mandy said...

Great card! I love the multi colored letters! Thanks for leaving me a link to your card! It's fantastic.
- Mandy

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy said...

What a cute card! Love the letters along the top!