Friday, March 26, 2010

22 Things

I'm going to post this entry on both of my blogs.  I think it is such a great idea.  I love to blog hop.  It's a great way for me to recharge my creative batteries.  One blog that I love is Stacy Julian's.  She is creative, cute and often kooky (right up my alley).  I love her take on scrapbooking and also the fun ideas she shares about life in general.  Her post here made me think that I needed a list like that.  I have learned many things about life from my nearly 22 years as a mom!    If you are a mom you should give it a try.  You might even want to make your own list before you read mine :)

22 Things These Amazing Humans have taught Me


 1.  Where you sit in the car really does affect the quality of the ride.
 2.  The telephone works as a magnet.  Every time your mom is on the phone    you are drawn right to her.
 3.  Sometimes putting together a puzzle is more important than mopping a  floor.
 4.  It doesn't matter where the toy came from.  A dollar store toy is just as fascinating and fun as one from FAO Schwartz.
 5.  Life is better when you have a blankie.
 6.  Peanut Butter and Jelly/Honey sandwiches are a universal meal.  They work for breakfast, lunch OR dinner
 7.  Going to the park can be even more fun than Disneyland
 8.  Unconditional love is amazing.  Love your family and friends just because you love them, no strings attached!
 9.   A toddler who is moving with a purpose is FASTER than Superman
10.  A clean room is not the most important thing in life - just ask a teenager
11.  If your teenager believes in #10 - don't take it too personally
12.  Someday, if you are lucky, your teenagers turn into young adults and still love you - heck, they may even like you!!  
13.  Eating food off the floor is ok 
14.  Never, ever, ever say "Never".  (You'll be sorry)
15.  A hug really does help
16.  Put your anger aside and look at the situation.  
17.  A soft voice really does turn away wrath (see #16)
18.  A band-aid heals everything, oh, and the ones with characters on them heal it faster!
19.  Always, always lick the beater (or taste the cookie dough)
20.  Sing no matter where you are and no matter who is listening or looking
21.  With boys (and I have 5), anything can be used as a weapon: spatulas, rulers, socks (even the spare tampon in mom's purse) 
22.  There is nothing better than little pudgy fingers on your cheeks,sweet slobbery kisses and three little words:  "I love you mama"

Being a mom for the past 22 years has been the best of time (and sometimes the worst), and I wouldn't trade it for anything!

I think I'm going to turn this list into a scrapbook page....

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Wow! I love this post. I didn't read this until today, but your #8 goes along well with my post today.

Love the post!

And you are so right about anything being used as a weapon when a boy uses it. Oh my!