Tuesday, October 5, 2010

YES!!! Did something crafty :)

Man, this semester of school is pretty intense.  I didn't realize how much studying I would have to do or how much memorizing.  I really needed a creative break and when I saw this post over at www.eighteen25.blogspot.com,  I knew I just had to give it a try.  These sisters make the cutest crafts PLUS they live here in Las Vegas!  They were guest bloggers on another site and when I saw what they made....................CUTE!!!!!

It's a quick, easy and cheap craft. Here is a photo of my inspiration:



I found pumpkins for $1 at Wal-Mart and already had the frame and paper.  Here's how mine turned out:


And a little side view so you can see the detail.  Really, the hardest part was cutting the pumpkin in half and that wasn't very hard (it's styrofoam in the middle).  I used the other half to make a second frame and just used some fall leaves where the stem should be.  I got 2 decorations finished for $1 and in less than 30 minutes!!!  I love fall, halloween and thanksgiving and this little decoration makes me want to get busy enjoying the autumn air :)

..............now back to the books, only 8 more weeks until Winter Break!!!!